Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Targets

We’re just targets
We never move
We’re just shooters
We aim, we shoot
The lines are drawn
Between me and you
I’ll let you have it
That’s what I do

But as I squeeze that trigger
A part of me wonders
Is this right?
But the shot is gone, my aim was on
And you fall down, down, down

We just say
The same old lines
We only see
What’s in our minds
And as a new
Subject arises
We follow habit
We draw a line

And I squeeze that trigger
There’s a part of me that wonders
Is this right?
But the shot is gone, my aim was on
And you fall down, down, down

I walk on
Onto the line
And I decide
To not pick sides
But they all see
A different me
And they all take
Their shots at me

But as you squeeze that trigger
Is there a part of you that wonders?
Am I right?
But the shot is gone, your aim was on
And I fall down, down, down

This pretty much sums up my view on politics. Sure I can hold an intelligent conversation on many different political topics and I stay more current on world events than practically all my friends, but I do that to understand. All this two-sided smashing drives me nuts; rarely, if ever, is a situation really that simple. Oh, and I have to say the groove of the song was inspired by this guy I stumbled upon on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gi7ISI34ZE

No comments: