Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Difference

We’ve all heard it
But I will dare to say it
It’s true of me
I am the failure
I deserve nothing
But hate for what I’ve done
I’m not the scapegoat
I’m the one

To know
I’m wrong
I’ve lost
And I deserve
Nothing

I’m the one
You see falling
You see failing
I’ll say it louder!
I’m the screw up
I’m the one shouting
I’m the one doubting
And there’s something

In knowing
I’m wrong
I’ve lost
And I deserve
Nothing

If you ever see
Something good in me
Please know this isn’t me
Cause alone I’m nothing
But I’ve become something
With God’s love in me

This is my way of saying the difference between someone who follows Christ and someone who doesn't... sort of. I wanted to make it amazingly clear how small the difference is and where it it. I'm NOT a better person, and I think it's important to remember that. The difference is something I could never deserve, and something I had very little to do with; God did it, for God knows why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! This one is so good! Good job. I agree completely.