Saturday, October 6, 2007

Parents/Forgivenss

Well, today wound up as a big argument with my parents, my mom mostly. I finally busted and said what I thought, why it's hard for me to value what they say. Like I expected, it fell on deaf ears and she (my mom) blew it off.

I also realized to some extent how much I haven't forgiven my parents. Their teaching... indoctrinating me in their screwed up version of religion, and all the hell that caused. They've never said they're sorry, and I don't think they are. In fact, I don't think they think they were ever wrong. So the question is: Can I forgive them? I guess I should, but that's not the question. The question is: CAN I? I simply don't know. This went deep. If you want to understand how deep, you may want to read Rebellion of June, 07. It still gives me chills (in a bad way) to read that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for telling me about this. Expectations we have for parents (and them not meeting them) is difficult.
(very unimportant side note, "forgiveness" in the title is spelled wrong)