Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Umm... Let's see where this goes

First of all, I'm really typing this cause I'm already sick of having "Memory Box" at the top of my page. It reminds me of old people knitting. Ok, don't have much to talk about...

Alright! I've got a topic. Though it makes me sick to say it, and I have to get into politics a little more than I want to. I saw the movie "Flags of Our Fathers" tonight and, to say the least, was not impressed. The whole movie was about a lie, it wasn't even about what the picture was about. I think some of their interpretations were far off.

When I see the picture, what I see something this nation did that took a whole lot of effort, but was worth it. You can see the effort of lifting the pole, you can see the flag in the breeze, and it almost helps that you can't see the faces, because there is a common effort there, not a bunch of individuals.

So what if there was a stupid fundraiser built off of it. It has been forgotten for years. Can we just take the picture as one of the finest shots ever taken, and as a symbol of freedom and the sacrifice needed to maintain it? It seems we can't.

It seems all we want to hear is thing happening the way they shouldn't have. Why do we want to hear it and get mad? Why do we want to know of every oversight? Why do we have to judge every wrong? Unless it is as a study to make sure it doesn't happen again, why don't we move on and think about how to make it better

All this demonization of every wrong has driven me nuts. The same with smashing FEMA during Katrina. There was a major lack of a plan after the immediate rescue actions, so someone got fired and they'll try to fix the problem. People in that job field really do want to save lives, they can do that better if you aren't following the masses and bringing political pressure into it. So give it up and let it rest.

Ahh! I probably shouldn't have typed that, now I feel crappy about the world.

Listening to You Are the One by Shiny Toy Guns http://www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns

No comments: