Monday, December 10, 2007

So, I think I'll be brief cause I'm tired as hell and really do need to sleep. In my family there has been a little, huh... I don't know what to call it. Strife? Nah, too harsh. Irritation? No, it doesn't say why. I'll just do it longhand, people getting pissed at each other over nothing. As I've watched this, there is a reacurring theme. It's the thought that I deserve this, so I have a right to get mad when I don't get it.

I think we have to think of ourselves last to be happy. Thinking we deserve things just sets us up for failure. If we don't think we deserve anything, we can be happy when things go our way. Now sometimes this takes the form of helping ourselves a little. For an example of what I mean, in search and rescue the first person you think about is yourself, because if you get hurt you take a team out of action.

Well that's all for now, not too deep or complex.

No comments: