Saturday, January 8, 2011

Someone Called it Relapse

I'm losing ground again
Falling by the wayside
Falling, stumbling, losing ground
Washing away like a worn down stone
Washing into the oblivion of the sea
See? Can you see me?
Losing ground
Giving blood
Falling away
Drifting away
Like the dust picked up from a barren plain
And carried far, far away
Carried till the end of time
Washed into the sea
Losing ground
Tripping, falling
Falling
Falling
Sliding
Losing ground
Giving up
Going back
Going home
To shelter
To safety
To misery

I found this one in my poetry folder and was a little surprised by it. My computer is telling me I wrote it on December 27, but I can't remember exactly why or what mood I was in (bad, I'm guessing). I really do like how this one flows and the point of it. It may be the basis for more work later.

No comments: