Saturday, June 21, 2008

Part 2 of "This is New!"

Hey! What's up my faithful lack of readers! Last time I posted I said something like "I'm not a Christian" and not much else. Here's the else. This is part of a message I sent to a friend of mine who's been in the same spot; I was asking for advice.

It really started when I was 17, when I started making my faith my own, I quickly got out of the Christian church scene as much as possible, started to listen to music cause I liked it rather than "Christian" value, believed radical stuff about God and didn't care if I was different, but I guess one's spiritually can only change so much at one time and I needed a couple years to adjust. I still held the basic Christian doctrine.


I've had struggles with my faith since I was 17, but recently I looked back on my struggles and realized that I was going in circles with my questions and I couldn't answer them with my faith, even though it was supposed to give me meaning in life. I went to church and was hoping to find that something that was missing, but only realized once again that I was lightyears beyond the canned messages given by the church. It was like the message was an empty shell, with nothing beyond the fancy words.

So I realized it, I was in this faith for the wrong reasons. Either I was hanging onto this faith because of habit or I was too scared to leave. That's not how I'm willing to live, so I've abandoned what I had before and am a little unsure of what to believe at all; believe in a God or not, believe in something like Christianity or something else entirely. I know I'm a strong believer in spirituallity, but I'm really not too sure with much beyond that.

Alright, peace out guys!

Now listening to World Spins Madly On by The Weepies (Terrible band name, good band) 

No comments: