Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baghdad ER

I watched Baghdad ER tonight. I had seen it before but it's been a long time. War sucks. I see the reason for it, but it's terrible what we as humans do to each other. This is a video of a hospital, where people are being treated for these terrible injuries, where (thank God) 90% of them survive; this isn't even the field. It's madness.

Thinking about this is a strange thing. It's a mix of emotions that are very complex, and nothing seems to make sense. On one hand there's anger for the people that hurt our soldiers, on the other hand I have to ask the question "Are they really so different than us?"; they get killed too. Our soldiers are just Americans, like us, all they really want is to live a good life with their families, but so do many of our enemies. On one hand we would love to see the people who lead this violence die, but on the other hand, to kill them would continue the violence. We'd like to leave places like Iraq and Afghanistan, but who would pay with their lives if we did? So what's the right answer? Maybe a better question would be "Is there a right answer?" I simply can't answer that.

Well... there they are, my thoughts on war.

Baghdad ER can be seen here http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-348783717621633926 I must warn you that it is VERY graphic at times.

I've been listening to Tamacun by Rodrigo y Gabriela http://www.myspace.com/rodrigoygabriela It sounds like what war feels like to me. A frenzied pace, a bit of grief that isn't dwelled upon, and tightly organized. An organized chaos if you will.

Say a prayer for those overseas before you sleep tonight.

Goodnight

No comments: