Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Utopia in my Mind

What would be the absolutely best way to enjoy music?

What would that look like?

What would it sound like?

How would we feel?

Well I think it depends on the music, but since I'm listening to Ben Howard, I'll focus on music that calms

It would be dark, but not black

Dim lights that let us see, and move, and not be afraid, but that doesn't distract, or make us look away from any part of our environment

We wouldn't be alone, because alone is the end of all things good

No, we'd be close, snuggling and sipping a glass of wine after a good meal and a day of hard work

Just a touch on her bare back and a her hand on my arm would tell our love and we'd be so content

The music would play, first roaring so we could hear every sound, then fading so, so slowly, that only when we woke in the morning would we realize the music was fading

We'd turn it on again and eat breakfast in the peaceful still of sound then let the genre change to something lively to welcome the day and things we have to do.

Ahh! Yes! It's utopia in my mind!

I like music, I know everyone says that, but I REALLY like music, in a REALLY big way. Thoughts like this are good and make me content.

No comments: