Friday, June 1, 2012

Rant for Sunday

I give pretty good advice consistently I drink too much And I talk too much I don't listen well My opinions are way too strong My life is too fucking short And I'm too old for my years I'm too old to pretend I can still keep making these mistakes Quit smoking and won't start again At some point convinced I wouldn't commit suicide before lung cancer would matter Now I've got a permanent cough Maybe it's too late Maybe that doesn't matter, maybe It's nothing new The only thing I know for sure It's all been done before Spokes go around on the wheel In some other time, some other age, some other year In some other dimension Am I thinking about this me? Am I giving up there, am I persisting here? Am I a fucking millionaire somewhere else 7 dimensions off? In a different time, in a place far away from here But forget it, it never fucking mattered I'm still sitting on my living room floor shirtless with an empty beer More old, dug up, down to earth stuff

No comments: