Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Serene Car Crash

Screeching tires
Broken glass
Blood on the dash
Is it mine?
Time of day's changed
Or did the clouds roll in?
How long has it been
Can't move my head
To see by my side
Are you alright?
What's that sound?
What's that light?
Sirens
A medic's flashlight
Don't move, don't move, don't move!
Repeat it in my head
I'm fading
It goes dark

POW!
Icy water
Medic's overhead
Paddles in hand
We're almost there
A reassuring voice
Fading again
Will I wake?
Black

Wake up again
A sea of green and blue
So serene
Morphine?
Anxious voices
My blood on her hands
Her hands!
How'd she fare?
The words won't come out
Be calm, be calm, be calm!

Wish for sleep now
But the lights are so bright
My blood so red
The voice so familiar
The voice so concerned
Who could she be?

Feel it deep inside
I don't have much time
Reflect on days gone by
I'm glad I was alive

No comments: