Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gratitude

I'll weep for you when you go
A friend had never been more true
But I'm far away for now
And can only listen on the other line

Rehab, relapse, repeat
Yeah I know
The same old line
It's just a part of life

Watch you cry as we take that drive
We both know what's in store
A smoke to delay what must be done
I turn to go and look away

Rehab, relapse, repeat
Yeah it's true
Just like last time
It's the way you die
It's the reason I cry

Screaming awake at three A.M.
Can't comprehend the pain you're feeling
Scared to death you won't survive
When the red and white lights arrive

Rehab, relapse, fuck this cycle
Out again and in again
Why does it have to be me?
Who watches you die from this disease

Choked up, toked up
On that road again
Can't stop the tears this time
But in silence I'll drive
It wasn't me who saved a life
It wasn't you who attempted suicide
A friend had never been more true
When I was so down, so blue

Rehab, relapse, repeat
I'll always be there for you

The lyrics are fiction, but it was inspired by Sarah (don't know, nor would I say, her last name). Musically, it was inspired by “Better Than Love” by Griffin House. The point of the song was for people to think twice when they look down on someone. There are a few lines I may clean up later, but in case I don't, here it is.

No comments: