Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Dry Spell

I like writing these things; I like thinking about these things, but sometimes I just don't have it in me to type them. For the past couple days I've wanted to type something up but haven't had it in me to do so. 

Oh! I do have something to say. I was in a conversation, or an argument, about the whole creation vs. evolution thing and it's amazing what some people will ignore or discredit to support their argument. I was talking to someone who was convinced that the earth is about 6000 years old and it didn't matter what evidence we presented to her, there was nothing that could convince her. The belief that the Bible was historically correct covered up all reason. It made me think of how I used to be, so I tried to talk to her. I built a level of trust with her, that I wouldn't smash her views right off the bat, but I can still see that she views me as either a victim or the enemy. I'll give you updates if there are any to give.

It's interesting, everyone thinks that they are right, and we all try to convince each other that our view is best. It doesn't seem to change much though, as John Mayer says "Oh, everyone believes in the way it ought to be. Oh everyone believes, and no one's going easily." Yep, that's all for now.

I was listening to the Lines of my Earth by Sixpence None the Richer and it fit my non-blogging mood. www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUB1xmZwjf8

"This is the last song that I write
'Til you tell me otherwise.
And it's because I just don't feel it"

I just didn't feel the blogging for a while.

Later people!

No comments: