Saturday, July 19, 2008

Am I Old at Heart?

While doing these blogs, I try to explore different things about how I act and ask myself why I do those things. I ask myself "What is it in me that makes me do that?" This is one of those things that I don't think I've ever written about, but is what I think about a bit.

I act differently than the people around me. I don't enjoy many of the little things that other people around me enjoy. I don't know how to explain it very well, which is half the reason I type these things up, so I can think about it with that last thought on the screen. To explain how I'm different, I don't like the little relationship games that go on; I think it's a diversion, and not very fun at that. I don't really like partying; I think it's a letdown. I don't like things done for show, I think show is a waste of time. The times that I really appreciate being alive, not just glad I'm not dead, but so glad to be living, is when I'm doing something crazy hard and meaningful. My big weakness is music. It's not always so purposeful, but I love it! I also love learning about humanity, by seeing other people's humanity, and by exploring my own.

A good song for this post is by Rise Against, it's "Give it All". 'There's a reason, to give it all"