Thursday, January 24, 2008

Someone come up with a title

I won’t drown in good dreams
When the bad one’s are reality
Not what you see, but the real me
The real way we see things

Good Christian kids are cryin’… tryin’…
It’s all dyin’
But we keep on lyin’
About how great our lives have become

I’m one of the masses, now disorganized and confused
Who decided not to walk the path
Of sayin’ we realize anything more than you
But shunned is a hard way to live

Cause none of us now realize
That we’re all the rebel and the bad guy
We’re all dressed in the Christian suit
We’re all the wolf or the sheep disguised

We’ve all lied, but we still strive
To jump over the moon, beyond the sky
The older we get, the more we realize
We’ll never get it right

And if it was my last day what would I say?
I’ve earned every wrong that’s come my way
I’ve sent love back reeling in disarray
I don’t deserve this place

But that’s not what’s taught
The negativity can’t be of Christ
But even He screamed out “why?”
Even He died

Big dreams, big money, in a big place upstairs
With a big bright light, and a dream of peace
Is that a doctrine to teach?
Is that anything to me?

Or is it the fear I learned at five?
Just not wanting to burn and die
Cause hell still screws with my mind
I’m still afraid to die

This is a very different style of poetry for me. While I was typing it, I wasn't trying to solve the enigma of life; I was just typing about it. I wasn't asking "why?", just saying "this is". Maybe poets can "get" what I'm trying to say. Anyway, this was inspired by Kendall Payne's song "Lines" http://www.myspace.com/kendallpayne and again by Sarah Jaffe's style of writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.