Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Have Some Sympathy for Me

I find myself here again
Tired but not enough to sleep
Bored but not enough to stop
On the net, idly read of someone else's misfortune
Staring at the clock, typing my thoughts
Back them up, they'll never be read
Except by me, and maybe I better not remember
Let me forget them all and just be

The world turns so slowly, but so much time is past
3 years and the peak of life is gone, yes I regret it
The world is so mad now, with children hurting one another
But a generation begs for freedom
Another one grows old
Another is born
Another dies
And the sun will rise tomorrow as it always did

It's another day, another regret
Another tear that won't fall from my eyes
Another day to forget
I'm bored of this, and the next year
I can't even finish this, there's nothing left
Not a reason, a rhyme
And everything you said was truth was untrue
But you sold your house for a tulip
And there's nothing I can do
My final friend
Gone too

Follow all your dreams, but have some sympathy for me

This one deserves a little explanation: When you're a sad, miserable SOB like me, you resent everyone who is not. Some of this is justified. For example, pretty much everyone I know who lives a "happy" life has shut off some of their being to achieve that. A person who values honesty as much as I do hates this shut down. On the other hand, I'm jealous as all hell, because they're living a life I want but don't even understand. Again, there are faces and names attached.

The line "you sold your house for a tulip" refers to Tulip Mania and pretty much means you sold something valuable for something worthless that is trendy at the time.

No comments: