Thursday, July 15, 2010

It Will Never Happen

It will never happen, but if we can't dream awake, why wake up?

My first question after the introductions would be: What does your name mean?

Maybe then I'd follow with the question: Can you control your dreams? We'd talk about the greatest experience we've ever had. Flying with no wings, visiting family long gone, running headlong into a train just to do it. Don't understand? Learn to direct your dreams, you'll never have a better time.

I'd tell her my pain, my failure, my fear. She'd tell me hers and we'd empathize.

We'd get drunk together like children who had never tasted alcohol and wake up and recover from the hangover. I'll make her some Ramon, and give her some Gatorade and we'll piece the details of last night together.

When I finally got to know her well, very well. We'd go out on the coast with sleeping bags and let the dawn awake us. I'd put my arm under her head, and she'd tilt her head towards me and we'd watch the sun rise over the sea. I'd push her hair behind her ear, hear the surf, watch the sun turn her face orange, and yes darling, we'd be so happy, you and me.

But I don't know who you are my dear, and it will never happen

No comments: