Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Name is FEAR

The days go by quickly now
and there's little meaning to guide them
I lost the drive to make the world a better place
cause I can't predict what the outcome of my actions really are
and all fades to a more stready shade of grey

The days go too quickly now
I'm only 20 now, but I'm starting to worry my scraped up knee doesn't have what it take to heal again
how much abuse can our bodies and minds take?
A chilling question at my age
I'm starting to see time will take me more quickly than I'd like to see

I drive too quickly now
Cause realizing my days are numbered I feel a need to make the moment worth it
Scared to death of death but try to calm the fears with an adrenalin rush
I know this is dancing with death, but it's better than waiting for it to slowly drag me from you
Always know this demon is my own, it has nothing to do with you, know I love you so much I'd sacrifice what little I have, the little I am, for you darling

I'll die too quickly dear
If by a bullet or a bomb
A car wreck or a plane crash
By lung cancer from the tabacco I smoke
Or asfixiation if I gag and choke
Life is alreay sceaming its brevity and it chills me
Knowing my best years are getting close to halfway done

These are the words of an honest man who fears more than he ought
That is scared he will not be remembered
That is scared to be remembered for his sins
And is scared to not be remembered for the good in him

Cry for me when I am gone, my name is FEAR

No comments: